The blog of a man STILL addicted to beef jerky

Saturday, April 09, 2005

My Sabbath

As everyone is aware of, today was the church-wide fast. What a great way to open an entry, point out the obvious. Anywho, my dad had one of his severe sinus attacks, so we couldn't go to services. That meant I got to stay up late and sleep in late, hehe. We watched a video by Mr. Bryce called "Two Trees, Two Houses". It was the one that Terry Ratzmann walked out of part way through 2 weeks before killed people. I didn't find anything in there that would be offensive. The point of the message was that we have 2 choices, good or bad, life or death, and that Christ doesn't see a middle ground. It was a good sermon, and I recommend that you all see it, if you haven't already. I've been looking through the youth forum and whatnot, and checking my buddy list, hoping someone will come online to talk to.

Yesterday was interesting. My mom called me with an offer for a job. The guy who worked on her house needs a helper, since the old one doesn't work for him anymore. Sounds like a good idea, but then I find out that I'd be working full time Monday through Friday. I'd be living with my mom and her husband. They drink too much, my mom smokes, her husband doesn't get violent, but has a short temper. They're not going to drive me an hour and a half to go to services, and they're not interested in attending. I don't have my own car since I can't afford one, or the insurance, but if my mom bought me one, by the time I got it, so that I could go to services if I wanted to, I'd be fed up with living there. There's no internet connection at home, so I wouldn't be able to stay in contact with my friends. Is some money and seeing my mom really worth that? I don't think so. I visit her for a week or less occasionally, and that's good and all, but a week is plenty. I still have to call her back and tell her that I'm not interested in the job.

That night I called Tabi and talked to her for 3 hours. We had a good conversation. I called Laura after that, but she was tired from her week, and was sleepy, so we talked for about half an hour. I spent pretty much the rest of the night on the computer, talking to whoever was still up that late. Charles tried to convince me I'm a girl magnet, and I tried to convince him he's stupid.

Well, that's about all going on right now. Might play some basketball Sunday, or call Charles. I'm looking forward to eating and drinking again. Surprisingly, even though I have no fat on me for my body to use while I fast, I'm feeling pretty good. I hope everyone else's fast has been going as well. Take care everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home