The blog of a man STILL addicted to beef jerky

Monday, April 25, 2005

More about vacuums

I didn't break the vacuum cleaner! Apparently the fan that sucks stuff up got broken. One of the pieces, while spinning at high RPM, flew into the top of the plastic case around it, and broke it. That must have been the bang I heard. There's not much suction left, since it's broken, so we had to borrow a neighbor's vacuum with one more day before the Days of Unleavened Bread started. We were able to clean everything like we wanted to, but were weren't expecting to lose our vacuum. We still have to buy a new one.

Passover was interesting, there weren't many people online for a while, but I managed to talk to Charles for a little while on the phone that night. Later I got to talk to Jon Gregory on the phone. I hadn't talked to him since before the shooting, so it was great to catch up with him. He was in good spirits, sounded like the same old Jon. I decided not to talk to him about the obvious since everyone else has done that, and telling them your life story gets annoying after a while. Saturday was good, had a good service. We went to the Wakefield's for the NTBMO, and Alex Meredith's family was there too. We got to drink wine and champagne, had a great meal, and a lot of fun talking to each other. Sunday I got to sleep in, since services were at 2:00. We met at the Westin Hotel, instead of our usual meeting hall, and I think everyone preferred the Westin. It was a lot cleaner, there was a comfy couch and chairs that we could sit in and talk, and it would only cost a little more. I think we should seriously consider meeting there more often. Once again Phil Sena gave the sermon, and he is just amazing. He tells you about the topic in a way so that it's not like you've heard it a thousand times before, and then he goes into the reasons why things happened the way they did. He then compares that to our lives today physically and spiritually, and it just amazes you that you read over it, and didn't realize the symbolism. He can make complex things easier to understand, so I enjoy hearing from him when I can.

Well, I've gotta find a way to last a week without cookies or pizza or practically everything that I eat all the time. I miss my sin (leaven).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home