The blog of a man STILL addicted to beef jerky

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I hate stuff

So I'm playing chess with Mike Dorothy. In case you don't know, he'll own you in chess. Anywho, we're playing a good game, but then the internet dies. For some random reason, our router has decided that when there's an incoming call, if my dad doesn't pick up after the first ring or so, it'll die. So the internet comes back, and we return to the game. I move a piece (Mike did a good job of making me move a certain piece), and then he checkmates me. Why am I sharing this? Because the last few times I've lost chess, it's because of a random interuption that causes me to lose ON THE VERY NEXT MOVE. I don't lose my queen, I don't get set up to lose, I lose on the next move. My dad's needed to talk to me about something, at the most pivotal move in the game. It was so pivotal because I lost after I moved. I don't even remember what happened the other times, but something took my attention away at the most crucial moment. What are the chances that the last 3 or 4 times I've lost in chess, it's because something distracts me on the very move that causes me to lose? Obviously they're 100%, because it's happened. It's just incredibly frustrating, and stupid.

In other news, the US Open is playing, 2 weeks of tennis awesomeness. I love tennis. Playing is incredibly fun, and watching someone like Roddick or Sharapova is also quite fulfilling. Beef jerky is also quite fulfilling.

I turn 20 in 2 days, and it's kind of scary. I'll no longer be considered a teen, my age will start with the number 2, I'm 1 year away from being able to drink alcohol....wait, that's not scary. What's scary is that I haven't played tennis in a while, and I feel like a drug addict without a fix.

2 Comments:

  • Haha remember you were interrupted when we played? Or should I say when I won?

    By Blogger Benjammin, at 11:26 PM  

  • Know what's really bad? Koaching. It's like being a drug addict in a crack-house without a fix. So much tennis, yet no one to play against.

    By Blogger Josh K, at 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home