The blog of a man STILL addicted to beef jerky

Friday, August 11, 2006

What do I want?

When I started writing these posts, I was hoping to show women what men think about certain things, so that they could understand us better. I tried to be fair by pointing out the falacies or potential falacies in the way men and women think and act. I tried to propose different scenarios to things, because not every person or situation is the same. I wanted to be fair to the different possibilities when I could be, without listing out every scenario possible, which would just be insane. I hope that my efforts have been beneficial to some. I know that it has sparked some good talks with me and other people so far, which is good.

So what do I want from all this? First of all, I want myself to be like this virtuous guy I've refered to many times before. I then want to "evolve" into a virtuous man. It will take time and effort, but I want to require that of myself. I also want my friends to be like these virtuous guys and men. I do know some great guys who are on the right path to getting a great woman, and I hope that they elevate themselves up to that level of virtuousity and stay keep improving. I hope that any other guys who have read this will try harder, change their lives, and want to become virtuous.

I want all of us men to search for virtuous women, and only settle for the best.

I want all the women who have read my posts to have learned something. I want them to feel assured that there are good men out there, and what a worldly man wants isn't what a virtuous man needs.

I would like people to talk about what they have read on here, whether they agree or disagree. A man and woman may see a subject differently, but that doesn't mean that either side is wrong. What matters is if we can understand why the other person thinks the way they do, and maybe work out a compromise, even if they both have to change themselves a little to do so. If they can't agree, that's fine, but at least they tried and they understand each other better.

I think it would be great if at least one woman could do what I've been doing, and explain certain things from a woman's perspective. Comparing what virtuous and non-virtuous women think and want and need. Pointing out what a lot of women have a problem with, or what they think men don't quite understand. If all this is done from a positive and constructive point of view, I think it would be wonderful.

Men want to know how women think, and what they think about things. We don't need to know how to control your minds, even though that would be really cool. We just want to understand you better. If we all understand each other better, we can avoid problems in the future much easier.

I will probably write more posts as I think of topics or am asked questions. I've said to some of my friends before that by explaining everything that I can about men, I'm either going to help us raise our standards, or doom all men. Ben also said that I should have written a book rather than posting it all online. Oh well, I just hope that this is beneficial to people.

Let's all try to work with each other and try to understand each other. It may require changing something major or minor about yourself, but if other people benefit, isn't that more important?

Thank you everyone who has been reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home